I love helping people find the perfect foundation. Here is an easy how to…
1. Find three colors that are close to your skin tone
2. On your jawline, make three stripes
3. Let it sit for a moment, then blend out the edge
4. Which one is most natural? That’s your foundation color!
Do not hesitate to go seek professional help at your local Sephora (they have an incredibly cool device that measures the color in your face so you have a chance to try all types of foundation in the perfect color), Nordstrom, Saks, Macy’s, etc.etc.
When in store, look for someone:
2. with the same color of face to body ratio so you know they have a good eye for color
3. who will match you on your jawline (your face is a different color from your neck or hand so don’t match there).
For those of us with a couple different tones throughout our face, (i.e. my forehead is a little darker than my chin) you might need either a very great bronzer, or a couple different colors. Women of color or with deeper skin tones may need to purchase a couple different foundations for this reason to give the illusion of an even skin tone.
For those with Melasma or freckles, make sure to find a color inbetween the freckle/melasma and skin tone. Too light, and you will look grey, too dark, and you’ll look off.
Always seek the help of a professional if you feel overwhelmed or at a loss with cosmetics. Have fun, take your time, and enjoy the process! Make up is fun, remember!
Love and Beauty,