Nothing speaks “Holiday” more than a little glitz! However, it’s not always easy to start from scratch and make it to those holiday parties on time. I was lucky to work with KKFX Fox 11 News, and create a look that you can build on your already existing make up so you can party in style and on time!
Claire Anderson (@kcoyclaire on twitter) was my model, and I had the pleasure of being interviewed by the gorgeous Shirin Rajaee (@keytnc3shirin on twitter).
Here is what I used on Claire as my “lust” products…
1. The Urban Decay Space Cowboy Shimmer Shadow
Apply on top of your existing shadow on the lower part of the top lid. And you are never too old for a little glimmer so just go for it!
2. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Blush in a beautiful mauve
Apply as a “Nike Swoosh” starting at the apple of the cheek, and moving outward and upward.
3. Individual Ardel Short Black Lashes with Duo Glue in Waterproof (black)
If you are a beginner, half strip lashes might be a better way to start!
My business partner, Rob, (@facesbyrob on instagram) and I are obsessed with the Ardel Lash line!
4. Mascara!!! YSL Babydoll Mascara in black
Coat the top of the lashes downward, then from below upward in a wiggling motion.
5. Burgundy Lipstick! YSL!
Slide on, and go!
If you’re on a tight budget, my “must” products are…
1. Sephora “Girl Talk #45” Shadow
2. Revlon Blush “Mauvelous”
3. I would not skimp on the lashes and glue! Splurge here!
4. L’Oreal Mascara in 24 Hour Power Lash (Black Smoke)
5. Sephora Brand “Mat Long Wearing Matte Lipstick ”
If you feel stuck, go to Sephora as they are not on commission and can offer an honest opinion on what might best suit you! For Santa Barbara, the Paseo Nuevo is the best!
Thank you to the whole team for having me in! I can’t wait to come back for your Holiday Segment next month!!!!
NOTE: I will add a link to the video, as well as the station’s recap for all to view! Enjoy!
Happy Thanksgiving Parties!
Love and Beauty,